12.17.2013

Life Lately

I have been absent lately. Very absent. I am in process of converting my blog over to wordpress. But before I do that I am thinking of changing the name of the blog. Mostly because my domain name is taken, but also because I think it's time for the blog to receive a face lift. I started this blog to document weight loss. I haven't lost weight in a year, it's about time I reevaluate what it is I want to write about.

Anyway, I thought now would be a good time to reflect on life as of now. You know what question I hate the most? "What have you been up to lately?" I find it hard to answer, and when I can't think of anything I feel super boring. 

But recently The Fitnessista wrote a blog post with random updates, and I thought it was so clever so I am completely copying her post idea. Check out her original, and show her some love. She is probably my favorite blogger to follow. She is so real, knowledgeable, and creative. 

Needing: New boots. I need some new winter boots to keep me warm and dry. I was going to use rain boots, but they already broke.... Never mind the fact that they were only $10 from Kohls. 

Enjoying: The company of a friend who is in town for the week. 

Cooking: Pretty much nothing lately. Lot's of quick meals, like salads, yogurt, and far too many holiday sweets. Or ordering bar food to go because my roommate and I were really wanting to eat dinner braless in our PJs and most bars would look down upon that!

Drinking: Homemade mulled wine. 

Wanting: A heart rate monitor. And to win the lottery... One of these things is more likely to happen. 

Looking: At all the snow and wondering how I am going to remain sane for the next 3-5 months until spring arrives.

Hoping: That I can adjust to working an evening shift, or getting a day shift. I recently began a job that has me working from 3-11 and I am having the toughest time adjusting.

Making:  Life choices are a lot harder then anyone let on. Being an adult is overrated, liberating, and wonderful at the exact same time. 

Doing: My best to get to the gym. I am not a morning work out person. I can't eat or drink within about an hour of waking up, but if I don't eat before the gym then I feel really faint. And if I wait until I eat, then I feel full, and lethargic. Can't win.  Additionally I am just not jiving with any of the morning classes offered. 

Wishing: That I was taking a vacation this winter. All inclusive trip to Mexico, please! 

Wondering: What the future has in store for my siblings. I want them to enjoy their youth, but I cannot wait to find out what kind of adults they will be!

Loving: Food, more than I should. I am always, always focusing on my next meal. 

Feeling: Very fortunate lately. It's funny how awesome life can seem when you start counting your blessings, instead of focusing on the bad. Common knowledge, but I am experiencing it first hand. 

Thinking: That someday I want to be a business owner. I want to be the boss, and have minions. Or have an online business and make my own hours. 

Knowing:  That I will own my own business someday, because I tend to achieve what I want and work for. 

Following: The news for mlb trades and free agent updates.

Wearing: A lot of casual clothes because my job doesn't require dressing up. If only it were casual enough for me to wear pjs....how awesome would that be?

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping the Brewers sign Michael Young to play 1B.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...