7.10.2012

My Plank Pledge

This post is not going to feature an aha moment, but rather a personal pledge to myself. I hate doing ab work. I hate working on my core and I suck at it too. I am not good at crunches, scissors kicks, bicycles crunches, but most of all I am just awful at doing a plank of any kind. I really feel like I have excelled in many areas of my fitness but I still struggle and dread doing any sort of ab exercises. I always use the excuse that I still have a lot of belly fat to lose, so it would be pointless to try and tone my core. As I type that I realize just how ridiculous it sounds. Strengthening my core will benefit me in many ways, so I just have to suck it up, and do it!

So in an attempt to push myself to the point of discomfort, I am pledging to work on my core. I am pledging to perform more planks! Side plank, front plank, you name, I am going to try it! And I am making a goal to be able to hold myself in any sort of plank for 1 whole minute by the end of summer! That sounds rough, since I currently can barely hold a plank for 15 seconds but I am going to try and not let my mind or body give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...