11.05.2013

Differences!

I may not have lost the amount of weight that I wanted to lose in the last year. But instead of feeling down on myself, or pretending that I tried my hardest, I want to keep focusing on the positive side of things. I want to focus on the differences from being fat, to being... less fat.
  • I used to have a large open gap in my bath towel when I wrapped it around me, only a beach towel was big enough. Now I can easily wrap most bath towels around my body.
  • When I used to sit on the bus, I was always uncomfortable sitting next to strangers because I felt too wide. And if a stranger wouldn't sit next to me I always assumed it was because I was taking up too much of the seat. Now when strangers don't sit next to me I know it's because I have a naturally resting bitch face
  • I used to get winded when I would make my bed, when I was bigger making my bed was probably the most physical activity that I was getting. 
  • I no longer get chub rub. And my shorts don't ride up when I walk. If I ever had to walk a long distance in the summer, I would always have to worry about chub rub, and most of the time I would plan to wear leggings, but now I don't even give wearing shorts a second thought. 
  • I no longer take second helpings out of habit, I wait 20 minutes to decide if I am still hungry.
  • Before when I would go shopping I would automatically look for the largest size clothes and see if there was something I liked. Now I look for clothes I LIKE first, then I look to see if it's in my size.
  • When I was bigger I would hate wearing sweatshirts in public because I felt huge, and thought that I looked bigger than I actually was. Now I love wearing sweatshirts, especially fitted sweatshirts. 
  • My fingers have gone down an entire ring size!
  • My feet have slimmed down. I used to be a solid size 11 (that's some big feet), now I am able to fit into some size 10s.
  • Even my neck has lost fat!
  • When I sit down my stomach isn't resting on top of my thighs anymore. I still have a belly on me, but it's shrinking! 
  • When I started yoga, I was unable to do child's pose, lunges, or eagle pose because my rolls would get in the way of having proper form. 
  • I don't need as many layers to cover up my chub. Before I would layer like 3 different tank tops, a shirt, plus a sweater, but this is not the case anymore. Once I even wore a t-shirt without any tank underneath, it felt so weird.
  • I feel more confident in myself. I like the way I look a lot better, but on top of that I feel more confident when I am working out. I am not afraid to try new work outs. My communication skills have even gotten better. Everything just feels better! 
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2013

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are looking fabulous!!! Chub rub is the worst. For whatever reason, I feel my legs are closer set that a normal persons. Even when I was super fit and small, they rubbed. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...