6.18.2012

Forcing Myself to the Gym!

As much as I try to convince myself that I like fitness and working out, I still have days where I am sore, tired, and just want to be lazy. Last week I was having a night like that. I was tired all day, I came home from work and flopped into my bed. And I probably could have stayed there all night. My roommate, who tends to be on the lazy side of things, came home from work and was feeling the exact same way. My fitness class had already started, but I was still struggling with myself to get up and go to the gym. I knew that I wasn't going to make it to the gym the following night, and so I realized that I should really have been going to work out. My roommate and I were lounging in the living room, and when I was telling her that I was feeling guilty for not going to the gym, she made a comment about not having to be obsessed with the gym, and to just take a night off.

It was then that I had an aha moment and I immediately jumped off the couch and started putting on my gym clothes. If you spend a lot of time on the pinterest fitness section, you probably have seen a poster that says something along the lines of: "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." The minute that she made a comment about being obsessed, I knew that I needed to get myself to the gym. The other phrase that came to mind was: "The only work-out you regret is the one that you don't do." So with these words of inspiration running through my head, I got to the gym, and worked on the elliptical trainer for 45 minutes. Afterwards I did some lunges, squats and weighted side leg lifts. When I got home from the gym I was feeling good, refreshed and full of energy. I made the right decision by going to the gym, I just have to keep reminding myself of that every time that I am feeling a little lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...