5.31.2013

Cottage Cheese Frosting? Say Whaaat?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin! I love reading blogs when people share food ideas. It gives me new and creative ideas for what I could be eating. For example, I would have never found out about Quest Nutrition Bars if I did not follow healthy bloggers on instagram. And Quest bars are my new addiction. These are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I love them. They are really good when you heat it up for about 15 seconds, like a warm cookie or something. Plus it has 20 grams of protein, 4 grams of non-fiber carbs, and no sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners!

I also came across Petite Athleat, and naturally I started stalking all of her blog posts. She has a lot of interesting but genius food ideas. For example, she makes frosting out of cottage cheese. At first I thought that sounded a little crazy, but after I tried it I realized that it is complete brilliance.

All I did was put a serving of cottage cheese into my magic bullet with some sugar free syrup, a dash of vanilla, and a sprinkle of truvia. Then I pulsed the mixture for about a minute, and bam, just like that I had protein frosting!

Again, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, you definitely have to like cottage cheese. It's a little sour, but I think it tastes like cream cheese frosting.

This morning I was craving something sweet for breakfast, the minute I opened the pantry I knew that I wanted a quest bar. So for breakfast I threw a coconut cashew quest bar into the microwave, and then topped it with some cottage cheese frosting, and a few raspberries! It was so tasty, and a low calorie, protein packed breakfast.


Doesn't that frosting look delicious? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...