12.09.2012

No Excuses

Living in Minnesota is quite the adventure. The weather is always so unpredictable, and this morning was one of those days when it snowed, and snowed, and snowed. I think it is still snowing as I type this. And let me state that I do not enjoy snow. or winter, or cold. I hate it all, and should probably consider moving south.

This is what I woke up to: 


I easily could have allowed myself to stay indoors all day long, lounging in sweats, and watching movies.  I had already been to the gym 5 days this week, so I easily could have justified staying in. However my original plan for the weekend was to go to the gym both Saturday and Sunday. So, that is exactly what I did, I went to the gym. I did not use the weather as an excuse to avoid traveling. I manned up, strapped on my boots and braved the weather. My car slips and slides in this sort of weather, so my roommate volunteered to take her big, boat of a car.


There were more people at the gym then I was expecting to see, but I definitely didn't have to fight anyone to get an elliptical machine. But I did have to fight a few girls to get my hands on this:


Let me tell you, reading a magazine filled with the sexiest men of the year really helps kick up a workout. I was extremely motivated to work up a sweat when starring at hot man candy.

Now, this got me thinking all about excuses, justifications, validations, etc. Part of having that aha moment is giving up excuses and fighting for what you truly want. A justification for behavior is just an excuse in disguise. And if you allow yourself to keep making excuses, change will never happen. If you want it bad enough you will do it, if you don't, you will make an excuse.

I want to keep losing weight, so I was able to motivate myself to go the gym, even when I had to battle my way through the wind, and snow. And like always, I felt great after my workout. I was glad I went, I survived the weather and I made it to the gym 6 days this week (2nd week in a row that I have done that). Did you make it to the gym today? Or did you have an excuse?


This is the tundra that I apparently call home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...