1.25.2013

Sore but not Sorry

I highly enjoy weight training. I try to trick myself into loving cardio, but I have a lot of days when I just don't feel like moving around at a fast pace. But I do really enjoy picking up heavy things and waving them over my head.

When you first start weight training it's expected to be sore. Like really sore. Like can barely get out of bed sore. After the first time that I did lunges I thought I was going to cry from the pain.

Since I have been weight training for over a year I don't feel extreme soreness anymore. I mean, I have times when I have slight soreness, or limited range of motion but I have not had a time when I felt so sore that I could not move. Until today.

On Wednesday I went to my usual weight lifting class. It's the class that I go to every week, but she varies up the exercises every week, so you really never know which muscles you will be training. This week she had us doing plie squats. Pulsing the squat, adding weight to the squat, and then adding even more weight to the squat.


Just when I thought that my legs were going to give out, she had us speed up the squat, so we were almost doing kettle bell swings. I was using a 20 pound weight, and at the time I did not feel too much of a burn. But on Thursday my inner thighs were yelling.

Then I apparently thought it was a good idea to try running, and the stair stepper. After that I decided to meet my mother at the mall, and we walked, and walked, and walked. Needless to say my legs are yelling even louder today.

I have not been this sore in sooo long. Like I have to hover over the toilet, and then just sort of fall to sit down. And every time I try to stand up from my chair I have to contain the urge to wince. It's a good pain. And I am not sorry that I am sore. I think it's good to know that I still have muscles that need to be worked. And worked hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...