10.11.2013

Five on Friday!

It's Friday! 
Go check out the link-up
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
[one]
It's becoming quite evident that I reeeeally like my salty snacks. This brand is called Way Better Snacks and every flavor that I have tried is really tasty. Just the like the true food addict that I am, I was so excited when I saw that they came out with a holiday edition. Both the cranberry and pumpkin flavor were subtle but good. And look at those ingredients! The best part is that I found them at Marshall's, but I have also noticed them at my local health foods store.

[two]
I apply to a lot of jobs every.single.week, some that I want, and some just because I need a job. However this week I found two different jobs that I really want. Because of all the rejection that I have received I am not feeling too confident, but I am going to try my damnedest to keep positive! I would appreciate any good vibes sent this way!

[three]
In the last month I have been a frequent visitor to my local VFW. Going to the VFW makes me feel like I am living in a small town, or like I am attending a wedding reception. In my lifetime I have been to at least 5 VFW weddings, no joke. However the VFW that resides in Minneapolis is far from small town. It is filled with hipsters, and only a handful of young veterans. I am actually starting to grow fond of the VFW, they have cheap beer, karaoke, and if you are feeling hungry they will throw a frozen pizza in a pizza oven for a small charge. If you have not been to your local VFW lately, I highly suggest you stop by!

I have a friend who is quite the vocalist, and last weekend he chose to sing this little ditty. Ever since I have not been able to get it out of my head! I even put it on my iphone so I can listen to it as I walk to the gym.



[four]
As a baseball fan, I am not happy about the four teams left vying for a spot in the World Series. In general I do not like the Cardinals, or the Tigers, which totally means that they will be the two teams in the Series. I just feel like they have both  recently had enough time in the World Series spot light, so for that reason I wouldn't mind if the Red Sox and the Dodgers made it in.

But if for some reason it does come down to a Tigers/Cardinals match-up I will be rooting for the Tigers simply because I love their pitcher, Justin Verlander and I would love to see him win.

[five]
Lately I have been trying to count my blessings, focus on the good. This has caused me to realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by such awesome people. My mom and step dad are currently in town and I just love getting to spend time with them. My mom is more important to me than I could ever put into words.

Also, I have a core group of friends that I would not trade for anything. They have seen and supported me in my darkest hour. They are the people I look to for laughs. They are the people that can make a simple Target trip into a fun adventure. And they are the people that make going to the VFW feel like it's classy.


I had this message on my tea bag this week, I found it to be real fitting. 
What are you grateful for this week? 
What would you sing at karaoke? 

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up and your thoughts positive. The right job will come to you eventually!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...